Do you suffer from hip pain?
Nearly everyone has pain in their hip at some time or another.
Lateral hip pain can be chronic and debilitating- furthermore it will sometimes cause various other issues.
What is lateral hip pain?
Lateral hip pain refers to pain in the outside of the hip. Groups especially prone include:
- Women over 40
- Those who have had total hip replacement
Causes of lateral hip pain include:
- Degeneration of the hip (aka wear and tear)
- Various injuries
- Iliotibial (IT) band syndrome (Condition involving connective tissue rubbing against thigh bone)
- Inflammation from trochanteric bursitis (Swelling of sac on the outer part of the hip)
Activities that can lead to lateral hip pain worsening include:
- Standing in one place for prolonged periods with hip pushed to the side
- Poor posture
- Sleeping on the painful side
Lateral hip pain treatment
There can be variance in how lateral hip pain is treated. Dr George Hardas of Spinal Care in Sydney will assess your lateral hip pain and proceed with discussing the best possible treatment for your situation. If another medical provider provides recommendations and refers you, their recommendations will be considered.
Recovery time may be significant but with Spinal Care you will receive the best treatment to effectively strengthen your hip and ultimately relieve your pain.
Dr Hardas will work with you to customise your treatment programme and can also work with those who are prone to develop lateral hip pain as a preventative measure. So, whether you are suffering from lateral hip pain or looking into preventing it, Sydney’s Spinal Care can be of great assistance in providing the best results.
Contact Dr George Hardas to arrange a consultation at one of his Sydney locations.