Australian Peter Brock supporting Chiropractic
Peter Brock-Championed Chiropractic
- Australia’s most famous and successful motor racing champion the late Peter Brock.
- Peter’s understanding and value of Chiropractic was proven by him as being a long term patient of Chiropractic, as well as proudly being a guest speaker at many Chiropractic functions.
- Testament of Peter’s trust in Chiropractic came when he suffered a serious accident in a kart race, he collided with another kart hitting his chest on the steering wheel and breaking the steering wheel, then landing on his head. He ended up in a Darwin hospital for X-rays, and was cleared of any serious injuries. Subsequently at Peter’s request a Chiropractor was organised at 11:00 pm that night. The Chiropractor was on the front lawn of the Darwin hospital (as back then Chiropractors were not allowed in hospitals) treating Peter. Two days later he is in a Jackaroo doing the round Australia rally again.
- He founded the Peter Brock foundation which allocates funds to support individuals, families, community groups and organisations that have demonstrated genuine need.
- He supported the Australian Aboriginal Community.
- He was the athlete liason officer for the Australian Olympic Teams in Sydney and Athens, giving Australian athletes motivation, support and mentoring.
- Patron of the Australian Spinal Research Foundation which supports Chiropractic spinal research.
- He was a guest speaker at many functions over his career.